Strengthening the Capacity of Academicians in the field of Environmental Law and Policy Education with Innovative Practices
ACTIVITY I: EDUCATION PROGRAMME
16-21 SEPTEMBER 2018 – KONYA
The first activity to be carried out within the scope of this project, which aims to train and strengthen the capacities of graduate students, academicians (students-research assistants at post-doctorate level) who are working on environmental law and policies and aiming to work on the basis of new approaches in legal education 16 It was held between the dates of -21 September 2018 in Selçuk University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Konya. The event schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 – September 16, 2018: Trainers; Asts. Prof. Zerrin SAVAŞAN and Asts. Prof. Vakur SÜMER, Environmental Law and Policy Education: General Framework, International Environmental Issues, Key Milestones in the Handling of Environmental Problems, A View of the Current Situation of Environmental Problems: Reflections from the Three Environmental Problems, Global Climate Change, Theoretical Approaches to the Environment in International Relations . In the afternoon session, in parallel with the Çevre International Environmental Law and Policies ”session, thoughts were shared and poster work was done.
- Day 2 – September 17, 2018: Accompanied by Assoc. Prof. Süheyla Suzan GÖKALP ALICA, Turkish Environmental Law, General Principles and Concepts, Legal and Institutional Structure, Acceptance of Environmental Policies, Environmental Rights and Human Rights, Environmental Impact Assessment, Legislation and Implementation, EIA, Discussion of Judicial Decisions, Turkish Environmental Law Sanctions issues were discussed.
- Day 3 – September 18, 2018: The meeting will be held to discuss the application for whale hunting under the guidance of the member Asts. Prof. Zerrin SAVAŞAN and with Asts. Prof. Murat TUMAY, the general framework of the theory of human rights law, the place of environmental rights in human rights theory and the role of freedom of expression in protecting environmental rights are discussed.
- Day 4 – September 19, 2018: Accompanied by Instructor Prof. Güliz Karaaslan SEMİZ, History of Environmental Problems and Deterioration of Human-Nature Relationship, Emergence of Environmental Movements, Education for Environmental Education and Sustainable Development, Tbilisi Declaration, Brutland Report and Rio Conference, Ecological Constitution, Methods and Techniques Used in Environmental Education learning, situation analysis, values analysis and educational games, Problem Based Learning-Seyfe Lake drying, Situation and values analysis on an environmental issue, Educational Games- sailing to a new continent.
- Day 5 – September 20, 2018: Instructor Assoc. Prof. Zübeyde Demet KIRBULUT, Traditional and alternative teaching methods and techniques, Argumentation, Traditional and alternative measurement and evaluation methods and techniques were discussed and the question that “Should cultivation of GMO products be allowed in our country? ” was discussed in groups.
- Accompanied by instructor Assoc. Prof. Fatma Kalpaklı, the Ministry of Environment and Urbanism Climate Department, the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization EIA Unit, Parliamentary Commission of the Environment, Global Balance Association visited, interviews and question and answer event was held.